1) The yellow
player dribbles forward until the red player takes possession.
3) The yellow
player moves up the wing and lays the ball back.
3) The red player shoots for goal.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE.
1/2 or 3/4 football field
- 2 players + goalkeeper.
Players try one touch passing.
- Add more players and/or obstacles to pass around/through.
- Restrict players to using their weaker foot.
- Introduce different movement patterns and vary passing angles.
- Click here to see Variation 1, Variation 3, Variation 4
Players must concentrate on the weight of their passes.
- Practice should be fluid (pass in front of other player so he can run onto the ball and not break his stride) and players moving at 1/2 - 3/4 pace.
To see all our other animated coaching sessions, please visit our archive.