1) The Black
defender passes to the feet of the forward.
3) Red plays it back inside to Black who passes to his left.
4) The left midfielder runs at the defence & plays the ball into the right winger using space created by the centre-forward.
Red finishes into the bottom corner.
- 7v4 + 1
Goalkeeper. The possession team of 7 includes 3 attackers 3 midfielders
& 1 defender playing against 4 defenders.
Add more players & vary pitch size.
- Add zones to limit player movements and introduce two-touch play.
- See 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 variations.
The large numerical superiority allows pre-determined moves to be carried
out. Here, this session works on two of the major characteristics of the
4-3-3 system - 1/ Support play by defenders for the 3 man midfield, 2/ Off
the ball movement and combination play between forwards/wingers and midfielders
(especially in-between the opposition defensive & midfield lines) to
create space and goal scoring chances.
- Each attack should end in a shot at goal.
For the Flash version of this goal - For our other coaching sessions, visit our archive.