1) The dead
ball is played out by the kicker to his left to widen the angle.
2) His team-mate moves on to the ball, dribbles slightly forward drawing the defender towards him, he pretends to shoot before laying it off.
3) The attacker on the edge of the wall, moves onto the pass and hits a swerving shot into the net.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE. For Flash version -
Half football field + normal size goal.
- Personal choice of coach for the n° of attackers to be included. The session can be rehearsed with or without defenders (at the beginning).
Concentrate on the delivery of the passes - speed, flight, angle etc and
on the quality of the shot - always hit the target.|
- The player who goes to shoot but in fact passes must really emphasise that he is the one to strike at goal in order to fool the defence before playing the ball to his left.
- His team-mates on the side of the penalty area must try to drag their markers away to create even more space.
For Flash version of this session - For other animated coaching drills, please visit our archive !
Don't forget to sign up for our twice-weekly Newsletter as well !