Player moves forward with the ball on left wing and the central defender
is dragged across. The winger plays the ball to the central attacker
2) The other central defender is dragged across to close down the forward who plays the ball immediately to the other forward now in space.
3) This forward can now freely move in on goal.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE.
Half football field + normal size goal
- 3 attackers, 2 defenders + Goalkeeper
Player passes ball to front player for a one-two.
- Attackers change angle of their runs, e.g. move away from goal to drag defenders forwards.
- Try passing ball immediately into space for forwards to run onto.
- Gradually add extra defenders/attackers.
- Click here to see Variation 2, Variation 3, Variation 4
|- Players must always stay in-line with the last defender, not to get caught offside. The timing of their runs is very important.|
For all our other animated coaching sessions, please visit our archive.