1) The server
plays the ball into the attacker. He then moves forward to get on the
end of the cross.
2) He has to dribble and beat the defender to get to the goal-line to play the cross in.
3) He manages to beat the defender and crosses.
4) The server scores with a header. The other players have now taken up their positions.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE. For Flash version -
Half football field + normal size goal.
- Group of servers, defenders and attackers + goalkeeper.
- Add more
defenders & attackers.
Concentrate on the delivery of the pass/cross - in front of the player for
him to easily run onto, speed, flight, angle and the quality of the shot
aiming always to hit the target.|
- Concentrate on the dribbling technique using the inside and outside of both feet, use sudden changes of speed and direction along with body feints. The player should attack at speed with close control and try to take the most direct route possible towards the goal-line.
For Flash version of this session - For other animated coaching drills, please visit our archive !
Don't forget to sign up for our twice-weekly Newsletter as well !