Players cross the ball into the six yard area.
2) Goalkeeper gathers and moves quickly to the edge of the area using the new distribution rules.
3) He aims to directly throw/pass the ball into each of the marked areas (A,B & C).
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE.
Half/three quarter football field + normal size goal + 5 - 10 balls for
- 2 players + Goalkeeper
Add defending player to put pressure on goalkeeper as he releases the ball.
- Add attacking players to receive the ball in the three marked areas.
- Players crossing the ball should vary their delivery (height, pace direction) so the keeper must adapt his movements to collect and then distribute in the same way as before.
- The coach can alter the position and size of the areas to make the practice more difficult.
- Click here to see Variation 2
The coach can note the goalkeepers performance and use it for future comparative
- The goalkeeper should vary his delivery, e.g. try passes with back-spin, lower throws etc...
For all our other animated coaching sessions, please visit our archive.