The first Player takes his shot at goal.
2) The goalkeeper tries to save, immediately gets up and turns around ready for the other player to shoot.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE.
Small grassy area with two cones for goal posts (width chosen by coach),
10 balls each.
- 2 Players + Goalkeeper
- If desired, the coach can add players to recover balls.
Increase difficulty for Goalkeeper by making him stand next to a post before
- Reduce or increase size of goal.
- Add player to follow shots in and put pressure on keeper.
- Click here to see Variation 1.
Shots should be frequent to really make the keeper work hard.
- Shoot hard and low near the goalkeepers body and into the corners to force him to adapt.
- Keeper should be on his toes and make sure his shot stopping technique is good.
To see all our other animated coaching sessions, please visit our archive.