1) The Red
server throws the ball in so that Yellow player can run onto it and head
the ball immediately back to him. Red moves forwards to receive the return
2) The Blue server repeats the same exercise.
3) This continued alternatively for around 1 minute up and down the training area.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE. For Flash version -
- 1 player and 2 servers.
Add a non-serving player to whom he can head the ball to and a defender
can be introduced to put realistic pressure on the player.
- See variation 1 & variation 2.
The server must provide good delivery.|
- The player must concentrate on their heading technique - Keep eyes on the ball, attack the ball and make accurate and firm contact.
- This drill is also useful for introducing and improving passing techniques.
For Flash version of this session - For other animated coaching drills, please visit our archive !
Don't forget to sign up for our twice-weekly Newsletter as well !