The players play a quick one-two down the right-wing.
2) The ball is crossed first time into the penalty area.
3) The other player meanwhile has timed his run to meet the cross and finish.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE.
Half football pitch
- Start with 5 Players + Goalkeeper
Add defenders and attackers in and outside the penalty area.
- Vary the depth of the return from the one-two to increase the difficulty of the cross.
- Vary the delivery of the cross, low, hanging, fast...
- Change side of the pitch to force players use other foot.
- Click here to see Variation 2
Players should concentrate on providing both a good return from the one-two
and a cross that gives attackers a chance in the penalty area.
- Players have to be focused as the timing of the runs is crucial and the weight of the passes must be correct.
To see all our other animated coaching sessions, please visit our archive.