The blue player standing at the cone moves forward to receive the pass.
2) The orange player acting as the server plays the ball in front for the other player to strike at goal.
3) He shoots for goal then turns and sprints back to the cone, touches it and runs back for another pass by the server and again shoots.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE.
Half football field + normal size goal.
- Personal choice of coach for number of players to practice shooting.
- Cones to mark starting positions and plenty of balls.
Server varies pass to make attacker practice different techniques e.g. half-volley,
- Server switches side forcing players to use other foot.
- Player after shooting takes the place of the server who joins the queue of other players waiting to shoot. Thus, each player takes it in turn to have a shot and to serve.
- Click here to see Variation 2
Players should concentrate on ball delivery and hitting the target.
- The server should make the player work hard by keeping the passes coming.
- Each player should have at least 10 shots at goal.
To see all our other animated coaching sessions, please visit our archive.