1) The ball
is played across the defence.
2) Blue then plays it forward to Yellow.
3) Yellow plays it back to the central-defender who plays it forward to Yellow who passes sideways.
4) Yellow then plays it forward and the passing sequence is continued with players filling in where required.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE. For Flash version -
Half football field.
- 7 groups of 2-5 players.
Add another group of players to simulate for example a defensive or midfield
- Add another football.
- Vary order of passing sequence and introduce one-touch play.
- Click here to see Variation 1 & Variation 3.
Concentrate on the quality of the passing and control.|
- The ball should be played into the player (who must attack the ball) to be easily controlled and passed.
- Work on the timing of the movements.
For Flash version of this session - For other animated coaching drills, please visit our archive !
Don't forget to sign up for our twice-weekly Newsletter as well !