1) The Yellow
defender plays the ball into the midfield.
2) The Red midfielder knocks it back to the full-back.
3) He plays it forwards into the centre-forward..
4) He plays it back to the midfielder who passes to the other centre-forward.
4) The forward plays it back to the midfielder. The team continues to randomly pass the ball.
LEFT-CLICK image to start animation & REMOVE MOUSE CURSOR from image to return to original image. For an explanation of the various symbols, CLICK HERE. For Flash version -
3/4 football field.
- 8 players upwards.
Add defenders to chase and put pressure on players.
- Add another football.
- Introduce one-touch play.
- Click here to see Variation 1 & Variation 2.
Concentrate on the quality of the passing and control.|
- The ball should be played into the player (who must attack the ball) to be easily controlled and passed. Players should also be moving to create space and make themselves available.
- Work on the timing of the movements.
- This session is also useful after originally working on smaller scale switching play sessions before moving onto this drill which can help train playing systems. The coach may want to play eleven players to work on switching the play with the whole team.
For Flash version of this session - For other animated coaching drills, please visit our archive !
Don't forget to sign up for our twice-weekly Newsletter as well !